Triton Systems, Inc., the nation’s leading manufacturer of cash-dispensing automated teller machines for off-premise locations, announced Triton’s participation in the Bank Administration Institute’s “BAI” Retail Delivery ’98. Triton is the off-premise ATM market innovator and the only one of the top three ATM manufacturers that focuses solely on the off-premise ATM market. At the show, Triton will demonstrate several products and technologies in its booth that make it more profitable and feasible for financial institutions to participate in the rapidly growing off-premise ATM market.
Triton Systems will exhibit in booth #4030 at Retail Delivery ’98 Exhibit Hall at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV, December 1-3, 1998. Industry-leading products and technologies to be demonstrated at Triton’s booth include:
* The Mako Cash Dispenser, a new kind of ATM that makes it feasible for banks to operate ATMs in lower volume locations. The Mako ATM is less expensive to purchase and maintain than other alternatives, yet it has high- end features and is “media ready” for financial institutions wishing to create new revenue streams by advertising on their network of ATMs.
* The new SuperScrip terminal, a multi-function dispenser of scrip cash vouchers, coupons, tickets and more that features customized advertising capability at a fraction of the cost of a full-size ATM.
* Triton’s high-security Triton 9620 series ATM running full-motion video advertising. This demonstration highlights Triton’s effective approach to full-motion video advertising, a key component of Triton’s upcoming comprehensive advertising package. The few manufacturers that offer ATMs capable of running video advertisements run them on the ATM screen, visible only to the person making the ATM transaction. In contrast, Triton ATMs run full-motion video advertisements on the ATM “topper,” which catches the attention of, and can be viewed by, other patrons nearby.
* The Triton 9640, a new multi-cassette ATM model from Triton that generates income by dispensing items such as stamps, coupons, prepaid telephone cards, and other media using friction-feed dispensing technology.
* Triton’s most popular model, the 9600, featuring Cellular Digital Packet Data (CDPD) transmission technology and a demonstration of Triton’s new visually brilliant 256-color monitor ATM screen. CDPD, a digital wireless communications technology that bypasses the regular phone system, offers a low-cost alternative by providing the speed of lease-line transmissions at dial-up prices and eliminating the need to install a dedicated telephone line.
* The HiCo ATMjr. Plus CAS (Card Activation System). HiCo, or high coercivity encoding, is the new magnetic stripe technology being introduced to the financial card industry that offers benefits to card issuers and card holders alike. HiCo encodes a card’s magnetic stripe with a higher magnetizing force, making it more resistant to erasure.
* The Triton VendMate sidecar on Triton’s industry-leading 9600 series cash-dispensing ATM. The VendMate, which can be easily customized to dispense movie tickets, ski lift tickets, gift certificates, pre-paid phone cards and other media, creates new revenue opportunities for financial institutions by accepting cash and dispensing customizable vending items.
At the show, Triton also will announce certification by leading banking industry processors, making it easier for banks to deploy Triton’s cost- effective ATMs, which were the first in the industry to be based on dial-up transmission technology. “Triton’s value proposition for financial institutions is threefold. First, we’re making it easy for financial institutions to deploy ATMs by becoming certified by the major bank processors. Second, we’re reducing the cost of deploying and maintaining ATMs in lower volume locations by offering feature-rich, cost-effective ATMs. And third, we’re opening up additional revenue opportunities to supplement surcharging fees including vending items and advertising,” said Dr. Burdette.
About Triton Systems
As the leading manufacturer of cash-dispensing ATMs for off-premise locations, Triton Systems is committed to redefining and leading the retail market for cash delivery systems. As the third largest manufacturer of ATMs and ATM management software, Triton has been named two years in a row to Inc. Magazine’s “Inc. 500” ranking of the largest privately-held companies in the U.S. Triton was also named one of America’s top 25 most successful small manufacturers by Industry Week Growing Companies in November 1998.
Triton’s product line includes the industry-leading 9600 series cash- dispensing ATMs, with various communication network interfaces such as CDPD. Additional products include the Triton Connect Software Package for accessing and controlling ATMs from a centralized location, ATMjr Demonstrators and Card Activation System for financial institutions, SuperScrip terminal, the new Mako Cash Dispenser and the VendMate sidecar, which accepts cash and dispenses vending items such as tickets, certificates, and phone cards.
Triton ATMs are in use in over 20,000 locations in the U.S., with recent expansion into Canada, Latin America and other regions throughout the world. The company is headquartered in Long Beach, Mississippi. For more information, visit the Triton Systems website at or contact Mary Edith Dressel, [email@example.com], 800-367-7191, ext. 3122.