Dell Computer Corporation is offering several flexible payment options to help make it easier to buy personal computers this holiday season.
The options include a new Dell Platinum Visa credit card, the new Dell Gift Certificate and an improved personal leasing program.
“Imagine buying a PC this year and not having to pay for it until next year,” says Dave Hood, vice president and general manager of Dell Home Systems. “Now customers can do that with the new Dell Platinum Visa credit card.”
The Visa card is offered by Dell, the world’s leading direct computer systems company, in association with First USA, a leading credit card issuer. It enables customers of Dell Home Systems Co. to buy Dell PCs with no payment or interest for 120 days on the initial Dell purchase(1). After that, customers will pay a 9.99% fixed rate on their purchase..
With every card purchase, users earn Dell Dollars(SM) which they can use to buy a new Dell system in the future(2). With some of the latest instant credit approval technology, card applicants can be reviewed in one online visit to www.dell.com/applynow or one toll-free phone call to 800/BUY-DELL.
Dell’s new gift certificate enables customers to give high performance, customized Dell computers and accessories at great prices for the holidays.
“The gift certificate is a perfect present for those who don’t know exactly what to buy, and the recipient can build the PC they choose,” says Hood.
The gift certificates, which can be purchased online, come in increments of $100, are personalized and can be sent directly to the recipient..
Additional information is available at www.dell.com/buyagift or by toll-free phone call to 800/BUY-DELL.
“Dell is making holiday shopping easy for customers,” Hood says. “Rather than being strapped for money this holiday season, these new payment options give customers flexibility when buying technology products. They are designed to fit our customers’ different needs.”
Dell’s personal leasing program, available through Dell Financial Services, is slashing rates by as much as 10% for leases beginning in the month of December. For example, those consumers who lease the Dell Dimension XPS R450 system(3), that recently won PC Computing’s 1998 MVP State of the Art desktop award, can save more than $300 over the life of a 24-month lease(4).
Also, during December, consumers who lease any Dell system from Dell Financial Services make no payment for 60 days — hopefully helping those who are feeling the holiday season squeeze. The Dell personal lease program, introduced by Dell Financial Services in August 1997, offers lease terms of 24 or 36 months with no payment for 30 days, no upfront cost and the ability to easily upgrade to the newest technology when the lease term ends.
For extra convenience and easy access, Dell’s new payment options are available online this holiday season at www.dell.com. (5) And, Dell, who does more than $10 million daily in Internet sales, is poised to meet the needs of shoppers this holiday season..
Ranked No. 125 among the Fortune 500 companies and No. 363 in the Fortune Global 500, Dell Computer Corporation is the world’s leading direct computer systems company, based on revenues of $16.8 billion for the past four quarters. Dell designs, manufactures and customizes products and services to customer requirements and offers an extensive selection of software and peripherals. Information on Dell and its products can be obtained through its toll-free number 800/388-8542 or by accessing the Dell World Wide Web site at [www.dell.com.] Dell is a registered trademark of Dell Computer Corporation. Fortune 500 is a registered trademark of Time Inc.
The Dell Platinum Visa card offer and Dell Dollars redemption is available only through Dell Home Systems Co.
The Dell Gift Certificate is available and redeemable only through Dell Home Systems Co.
(1) 0% APR for balance related to initial Dell purchase (Dell balance) for four billing cycles from date of such purchase (promotion period). Any balance that results from the initial purchase will be included in the Average Daily Balance on the first day of the fifth billing cycle after the cycle in which the charge is posted to your account. 9.99% APR for purchases and balance transfers and for Dell balance after the promotion period. 19.99% APR for cash advances. If payment is received late once during the promotion period on balances other than the Dell balance, the APR on the Dell balance will adjust to 9.99%. If at any time payment is received late twice in any six-month period, the APR on purchases and balance transfers will adjust to 19.99%. If you do not make payments for two consecutive months, the rate on all balances will adjust to 22.99%. The annual fee: NONE. A minimum monthly Finance Charge of 50 cents is payable if any Finance Charge is due. There is a Finance Charge for cash advances equal to or greater of 2% of the transaction amount or $5.00 for each transaction with a maximum of $25.00. Offer applies to Dell Home Systems purchases only; may not be applicable with other Dell System discounts.
(2) Not valid on balance transfers, convenience checks or cash advances. Dell Dollars expire after three (3) years. Complete terms and conditions included in Dell Platinum Visa Card introductory package.
(3) Award-winning configuration of Dell Dimension XPS R450 can be found at [www.dell.com].
(4) Leasing arranged by Dell Financial Services L.P, an independent entity, to qualified customers. Amount saved over the course of 24 months is based upon a 24-month personal lease. Above monthly lease payments exclude taxes which may vary (for example, for the award-winning Dimension XPS R450 configuration, the Hartford City, Ind., sales tax would be $2.45/month); shipping cost due with first payment; no security deposit required; subject to credit approval and availability. Lease terms are subject to change without notice. Business leases also available.
(5) Dell gift certificates are available for purchase online, but are currently not redeemable for online purchases.