Total AAA member savings through the association’s Show Your Card & Save national program reached a record $148 million in 1998.
“An enhanced discounts package with a wider variety of services and more companies fueled the program’s continued success in 1998,” said Tom Wilt, managing director, AAA Partnership Programs.
“AAA has been committed to developing relationships with suppliers that can offer members consistent, superior savings,” Wilt said.
Last year, the Show Your Card & Save program’s list of national and club- licensed local vendors grew by 27 percent, to more than 3,300. Vendor locations totaled more than 34,000 worldwide, a 31 percent increase over the previous year.
Highlights of the Show Your Card & Save program offered by AAA national partners include:
* Guaranteed satisfaction and/or guaranteed lowest rate stay at participating Hyatt, Hilton, Red Roof, La Quinta, Choice and Days Inn lodgings.
* Savings at Universal Studios Escape, Universal Studios Hollywood, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Six Flags theme parks.
* Member savings at participating international locations of Choice, Days Inn, Hilton, Hyatt; Gray Line Tours and Hard Rock Cafe, which expanded member benefits to include locations in Europe.
* No-fee American Express Traveler’s Cheques and American Express Cheques for Two in U.S. and foreign currencies.
* Discounts of up to 20 percent with Hertz car rental program.
* Development of new partnership programs with NAPA Auto Parts Stores, 1-800-SEND-FTD (floral arrangements, plants and gourmet gifts), LensCrafters, Red Roof Inns, Penske Truck Rental, Hertz Truck & Van Rental and Shurgard Storage.
Members should look for the Show Your Card & Save logo when shopping or ask if AAA members receive a discount. Members also can contact their nearest AAA office for a list of local participants.
AAA is a not-for-profit federation of 91 clubs with more than 1,100 offices providing nearly 42 million members in the United States and Canada with travel, insurance, financial and auto-related services.Details