The Smart Card Forum, a multi-industry organization working to accelerate the widespread acceptance and application of smart card technology, Tuesday announced that 15 new leading technology companies have joined the growing ranks of the Forum as Principal and Auditing Members. The addition of these newest members contributes to the continued record growth rate the organization has experienced since last fall. The new members include:
* MCI Worldcom – [www.wcom.com] * Oberthur Smart Cards USA – [www.oberthurusa.com] * Wachovia Bank – [www.wachovia.com] Auditing Members:
* Collective Dynamics – [www.coldyn.com] * Dyncom – [www.d-c.com] * Entandem – [www.entandem.com] * K-Vell Consulting – [www.k-vell.com] * LaserCard Systems – [www.lasercard.com] * Logicon – [www.logicon.com] * Maosco – [www.moltus.com] * PaySys International – [www.paysys.com] * Racal Security and Payments – [www.racal.com] * SiVault, Inc. * Litton/TASC – [www.tasc.com] * Litronic – [www.litronic.com] “We are excited to see our 1999-2000 year start off with such a great addition to our member roster,” said SCF President and CEO Donna Farmer. “It is fulfilling to see these security and payment systems innovators participate with our other members in utilizing the wide range of information and resources that are available through the Forum. These new members are joining the nearly 200 companies from many different industries that make up the Forum, which will help us fulfill our goals of advancing smart card technology to have a more prominent role in the Internet economy.”
Each Principal Member is entitled to privileged access to The Smart Card Forum Consumer Research, other Forum sponsored research and documents, along with attendance at the Quarterly Meetings and work groups, Smart Card Forum Educational Institute programs, and the Annual Meetings.
* MCI Worldcom is a global business telecommunications company. Operating in more than 65 countries, the company is a premier provider of facilities-based and fully integrated local, long distance, international and Internet services. The common shares of MCI WorldCom stock trade on the Nasdaq National Market (U.S.) under the symbol WCOM.
* Oberthur Smart Cards USA is the North American division of Oberthur Smart Cards, France’s leading manufacturer of bank cards, Europe’s largest producer (over 80 Million microprocessor cards manufactured to date) and the world leader in micro-processor transaction cards.
* Wachovia Corporation is a leading bank holding company with Wachovia Bank, N.A., its principal subsidiary. At June 30, 1999, Wachovia had
$67 billion in assets and ranked 16th among U.S. banking firms. Additionally, Wachovia had total trust assets of approximately $133.8 billion under administration, including about $41.3 billion under discretionary investment management. Wachovia Bank, N.A. has more than 700 offices and 1,300 ATMs in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Wachovia also is a leading corporate bank with business relationships in 50 states and global activity in 40 countries.
About The Smart Card Forum
The Smart Card Forum is a non-profit, multi-industry organization of nearly 200 members working to accelerate the widespread acceptance of multiple application smart card technology by bringing together, in an open forum, leading users and technologists from both the public and private sectors. The Smart Card Forum is the leading organization for education and awareness of topical issues associated with the use and adoption of smart card systems. The Smart Card Forum also operates the Smart Card Forum Educational Institute, the industry-leading course dedicated to providing smart card education that has set the standard in the industry. The curriculum is based on leading edge educational models and methodologies utilizing experienced instructors who are experts in the smart card industry. For more information about The Smart Card Forum, log on to the organization’s Web site at [www.smartcardforum.org].