Capital One took the #1 spot on the Nielsen//NetRatings report for the week of June 26 to July 2. Cap One’s “How FAST do you want your credit decision? banner ad achieved a 9.3% reach among banner ads viewed at-home and a 14.7% reach among banner ads viewed at-work. Banner ads for Providian’s ‘ARIA’ credit card brand came in at #4 among at-home surfers and ranked #3 among at-work surfers. NextCard continued to make the top ten list of advertisers at-home and at-work. NextCard delivered more than 117 million ad impressions to at-home viewers and nearly 90 million ad impressions to at-work viewers.
Nielsen//NetRatings: Top Five Ad Banners Viewed (at-home)
June 26 – July 2, 2000
Advertiser Reach % Creative
1. Capital One 9.3 How FAST do you want your credit decision?
2. Bonzi Software 7.8 Warning: Your Internet Connection Is Not Optimized
3. Crutchfield 7.4 Woofers, tweeters, and amps
4. Aria 6.3 Instant Approval — Instant Savings — 0% Intro APR
5. AmeriDebt 5.2 Danger! Bill Problems? We Can Help You Save $!